Hi guys! It's my first day in Taipei:)So far, we have do nothing much but we have went to Taipei 101 to sit the fastest lift to level 89.( observatory deck) Despite the hype about it, I don't think that it is that very fantastic. At there, we were given a device to listen about the tower and history. We took many photographs and the beautiful scenery. We also climb up to the highest level to look at the breathtaking scenery outside. Overall, it was not too bad maybe about 7/10? Next we went to eat our dinner. We were all starving by then since our lunch was almost 8 hours ago. The food was not too bad but some of it were too salty to my liking. After eating, we then check in to our RF Pretty hotel. We then went to the basement to have a short briefing. The teachers were not very happy with our performance and want us to behave better in public the next time. I also learnt that we should listen to our teacher talki and not use our phone or talk to our friends. After that, we went up to our hotel room and here I am writing to you about my long long day while my room mate is bathing. Hopefully, the next day will be more interesting and fun filled. 1 day down, 6 more days to go!
PS: Our tour guide name is David.(潘其昌)
As usual, Kelly
Well, today marks the end of the third day of the trip. As usual, we went down for breakfast in the hotel at 6.30. I eat the same as yesterday. Following that, we went to Jian Guo high school. When we arrived, we were greeted by a group of students at the entrance. We then proceed to the conference room to listen to an introduction given by the students there. They also put up many interesting performance such as beat boxing, orchestral, juggling and also playing of the clear ball. Following that, we were being assigned to the students there and we were given a tour of their school. We visited their canteen, basketball court and also their library. The library were filled with all sorts of books! During the interaction, I learn that they are allowed to wear their home clothes and their hair can be of any style, unlike River Valley which I'm so jealous of. They can also not go for some of their classes if they have good results for that particular subject. Not to mention, they have also many clubs, similar with our CCA. After that, they also teach us some magic tricks and we were also being treated to their famous shaved ice after putting up a performance for them. It is bascially shaved ice with gula Melaka accompanied with sweet potato balls. After that, we exchanged phone numbers and said our goodbyes. We also exchanged presents. After that, we went Chiang Kai Shek memorial hall. We learn about the life of Chiang Kai Shek and look at many things about him. I also took some photographs which I find them very intriguing. Next, we went to Sun Yat Sen memorial hall. We once again see the changing of guards ceremony. Following that, we went to see the contribution by Sun Yat Sen. We then went to take a group photograph. Lastly, we shamelessly do our tasks which is to dance the Matt Harding dance. How embarrassing was that! Next, we went to Ximending to have dinner. After that, we went to shop. I bought nothing except a ring and some tidbits. How pathetic:( Now we are on the way back to the hotel....So tiring.....today, I learn about the differences between our school and Jianguo. I also realize that they take pride in their achievements. However, today was quite an enriching experience and I look forward to tomorrow Chinese lesson!(sense the sarcasm)
As usual,
Kelly
Forth day down! Well it started with the same old breakfast with the addition of a very salty scramble egg. We then gather into our group to do yesterday reflection as we were too tired to do yesterday. We then went Jianguo high school to spend a day with the student there. I was in class 126. We were went to attend earth science which is a combination of geography, science and astronomy. During the whole class, I did not understand a single thing as I did not learn before and it was taught in Chinese. ( my hated subject) we then went to have lunch which consist of a takeaway. So far, it was my least favorite lunch:( After eating, we still had half an hour left so Li Qing buddy bring us around a school tour. We walk to almost everywhere in the school, including the rubbish dump. Following that, we went to Japanese and English lesson. The students did a debate about Frankenstein too. It was very hilarious due to their funny antics. Sadly, good things always come to an end. However, I did have a deep impression such as them knowing how to relax and do what they enjoy most instead of only studying all day and achieving good grades. We then gather back at the conference room, of course not forgetting to take photographs and exchanging presents. We then went to National Revolution Martyrs' Shrine and once again watch the changing of guard ceremony. The only difference is it was conducted outside instead of inside. However, there are no tour so we just took some photographs and head for early dinner. I think that today meal is definitely the worst one. After eating, we then went to Eslite bookstore to buy books. It was quite huge, which second and third story are filled with books. Even though, I bought nothing, i see many differences between the bookstores in Singapore and Taiwan. For example, the people in Taiwan were all reading a book there, without wanting to buy it whereas in Singapore, I will hardly see people reading in the bookstore. Overall, it was quite an enjoyable experience and I am honored to be given a chance like this to be able to enjoy such a rare opportunity.
Well, not going to talk about breakfast but start with the visit to Wulai school. We were given the talk about the school and was given introduction to the teachers and principal, but not before the exchange of performance. They played the drums for us. We were also assigned buddy and her name is 姿妮。At first It was awkward but we slowly get use to each other. We then were given a lesson about their language. Thanks to the teacher, we were able to learn simple words like hello and thank you in their language. We then do art n craft. We decorate cards for our buddy for exchange later. We then proceed to have lunch provided by them which is beef noodles. I find the noodles unappetizing and it was VERY oily. After, we proceeded to pe lesson where we have to cross an obstacle. We lost to them obviously as we use the wrong technic and also it rain in the middle of the game. What surprise me was they never stop the game despite the rain. If this was in Singapore, we we're be indoors straight away. We then went back to take our belongings and headed to take photographs together. I also exchanged the cards we made and the souvenirs I bought. It was overall an pleasant experience and I really learn lots of things from them. Oh, I also learn that they have a nap in the afternoon, unlike in Singapore. Next, we went to Wulai old street and a museum about the Atayal tribe. By that time, we were all dead tired and I was not really listening attentively...:P Anyway, we were then given time to shop along the streets. Many of us bought things but I did not but any. After that, we then gather together and head for my long awaited Raohe night market!!! When we reached there, we were told to be be back at 8pm. We then split into different groups and started walking. We were quite hungry so we three went to buy waffles. We then started shopping. At first, nothing catches our eyes but Yuqi soon saw a very cute shirt with 'catbucks' on it. We then went into the shop. I ended up buying a minion shirt. We then walk around...and soon, we were bored. We then saw almost all the girls in one of the shoe shop. We went in and we all bought shoes....Unfortunately, the service was really slow, like really._. I (all of us) were really pissed off. After around 45 minutes, we finally get out of the shoe shop. Oh, Yuqi and I also went out to buy some food while waiting for Szemin to pay her shoes. She bought something like fish cake dipped in some sour, spicy sauce whereas for me, I bought a guava juice. The taste was suitable and it was very refreshing for me. We then slowly went back to the meeting place even though there was still half an hour. On the way, we bought waffles again as it was really (x10000000) delicious. We then went to 7-11 to chill out and enjoy the aircon. Coincidentally , we saw xin Yi group there eating too. We then went to join them and waited. The boys then came later Fter eating mcdonalds!! I mean who come to Taiwan to eat that? Apparently them and my brother. We then bought the bus back to hotel and have a small briefing and we were given left over banana. We then went up to our room and I bath first. Now, I'm here writing to all of you who are interested in my interesting life.(sense the sarcasm ) Overall, it was a very pleasant day today and I really enjoy myself in Wulai school. I also hope to see them again. Oh, and the students from Jianguo are coming to RVHS for ylead.
Today loots: shoes, shirt, waffles and pineapple pastry
Insert yourself,
Kelly:)
Well, not going to talk about breakfast but start with the visit to Wulai school. We were given the talk about the school and was given introduction to the teachers and principal, but not before the exchange of performance. They played the drums for us. We were also assigned buddy and her name is 姿妮。At first It was awkward but we slowly get use to each other. We then were given a lesson about their language. Thanks to the teacher, we were able to learn simple words like hello and thank you in their language. We then do art n craft. We decorate cards for our buddy for exchange later. We then proceed to have lunch provided by them which is beef noodles. I find the noodles unappetizing and it was VERY oily. After, we proceeded to pe lesson where we have to cross an obstacle. We lost to them obviously as we use the wrong technic and also it rain in the middle of the game. What surprise me was they never stop the game despite the rain. If this was in Singapore, we we're be indoors straight away. We then went back to take our belongings and headed to take photographs together. I also exchanged the cards we made and the souvenirs I bought. It was overall an pleasant experience and I really learn lots of things from them. Oh, I also learn that they have a nap in the afternoon, unlike in Singapore. Next, we went to Wulai old street and a museum about the Atayal tribe. By that time, we were all dead tired and I was not really listening attentively...:P Anyway, we were then given time to shop along the streets. Many of us bought things but I did not but any. After that, we then gather together and head for my long awaited Raohe night market!!! When we reached there, we were told to be be back at 8pm. We then split into different groups and started walking. We were quite hungry so we three went to buy waffles. We then started shopping. At first, nothing catches our eyes but Yuqi soon saw a very cute shirt with 'catbucks' on it. We then went into the shop. I ended up buying a minion shirt. We then walk around...and soon, we were bored. We then saw almost all the girls in one of the shoe shop. We went in and we all bought shoes....Unfortunately, the service was really slow, like really._. I (all of us) were really pissed off. After around 45 minutes, we finally get out of the shoe shop. Oh, Yuqi and I also went out to buy some food while waiting for Szemin to pay her shoes. She bought something like fish cake dipped in some sour, spicy sauce whereas for me, I bought a guava juice. The taste was suitable and it was very refreshing for me. We then slowly went back to the meeting place even though there was still half an hour. On the way, we bought waffles again as it was really (x10000000) delicious. We then went to 7-11 to chill out and enjoy the aircon. Coincidentally , we saw xin Yi group there eating too. We then went to join them and waited. The boys then came later Fter eating mcdonalds!! I mean who come to Taiwan to eat that? Apparently them and my brother. We then bought the bus back to hotel and have a small briefing and we were given left over banana. We then went up to our room and I bath first. Now, I'm here writing to all of you who are interested in my interesting life.(sense the sarcasm ) Overall, it was a very pleasant day today and I really enjoy myself in Wulai school. I also hope to see them again. Oh, and the students from Jianguo are coming to RVHS for ylead.
Today loots: shoes, shirt, waffles and pineapple pastry
Insert yourself,
Kelly:)
Well, you can say that my trip to Taiwan is over:(*cries* the next day, I will be back in Singapore:(NOOOOOO!!!! I really don't want to go back home where there are projects, test, homework, stress.....How did 6 days just went past like that? I really enjoyed myself u noe? Being with the whole class, just enjoying myself, not an occurring opportunity. The tour guide,cad avid was also such a nice guy. Anyway, back to topic. In the morning, we went to The Confucius temple. Nothing much, just boring.....next we stop at a pastry shop to buy some pastries, like duh. However, being the pig I am, I stay in the bus to sleep with a few others.....Next, we went for lunch at a very unique restaurant that was made of wood. However, I did not take a picture as it was raining heavily. The food was of a higher standard but it still can't beat the dim sum we had the other day. After that, we went to the Gold museum. We saw how the mine changes over the years and I also touched the gold bar that was said to be the largest that was found in the mine. We then went to take a short bus ride to Chuifen. There were mostly food and some shopping. I went to buy the ice cream that is wrap in popiah skin, exactly the one I bought in Ximending. The taste however was not as fantastic as the first one. I also shared smelly tofu with Yuqi. To my surprise, it was not smelly at all and it was quite tasty. We then went to walk around but we still have 1 hour to kill. We then went to 7-11 aka our favorite store in Taiwan. I bought an oat drink whereas Yuqi and Szemin bought cup noodles. We then realize that Szemin has fever and at the same time, we saw Shi Rong, Daven and Wen Hao with the teacher. As Daven is also sick, we were brought to a shop nearby to rest by the tour guide. After that, we went for dinner. Hands down, it was the most unpleasant dinner ever. The food was cold, the chicken was ice cold( I didn't try) , the soup was weird and we use paper cups and bowl. The bowl was so small that it can be a hat!!!! Anyway, we went back after that and 3 of our classmates went to see doctor.(Daven, Xin Yi & Sze Min) we then went back to the hotel. Due to us needing to wake up early to catch our flight the next day, we straight away went back to our room without any briefing. After packing, bathing, snacking, singing, being crazy, I am now here updating about my AWESOME trip.......Going to sleep soon, so nites:) n sleep tight, sweet dreams.
Learning point: Drink LOTS of water, sharing is caring
Ps: so many ppl fell sick, like 7 ppl even though some is fine alr, really lucky that I'm not the unlucky 7
Anyway, have a great sleep ahead and 加油。
--->,
Kelly
Pps:sorry, there's no photo due to rain:(

















No comments:
Post a Comment