Monday, 14 April 2014

One child policy

BLOGWORK TIME!! China has a 1 child policy, where the government only allows one child to each household. This is to reduce the population that China currently as, as there are too many people in China. There are advantages and disadvantages of this policy, some of which i would pick to explain. This is an advantage as when the children grow up and are looking for jobs, there would be less competition and there is a likely chance of them being employed with a steady income. Another benefit is that there would be lesser mouths to feed at home, allowing the Chinese families to lead an easier and more luxurious life, as the money that could have been spent on bringing up another child is used to buy branded bags or more vehicles for convenience. However, there are also disadvantages. In china, where males carry the family name, families would have a desperate want for a boy in order to carry on their generation. As a result, in some cases where their first child appears to be a girl, they might abort the child or murder her, which is a very cruel reality. Another disadvantage is that as the people only have 1 child, when they grow old and retire, they can only depend on that child to feed them. And if that child were to be unfilial, they would be doomed. 
Jin hui!!

It is understandable that they restricted the amount of child per family (I'm making them sound like things oops), as the population in China is really alot alot alot. This ensures less competition, more space per person. Buttttt, I don't think this is fair for them. I mean, what if you wish to have more than one child? What if you 'accidentally' end up with more than one? (Whoops~) If it was me, I would not choose to live there as even the number of babies I can have is restricted. One cannot deny the pros of having one child (less competition so you appear much smarter) but to have the freedom to have children restricted? :/ people used to reproduce like as many as 6 children or more, and in Singapore we even have baby bonuses. More manpower is definitely better for the economics!
-love-family-alot Juen

I think that the one child policy in china has its pros and cons. The population in china can be controlled and the government can sort of satisfy everyone's need. This will allow quick growth in economy as well as reduce the gap between the rich and the poor. And these were some of the advantages to one child policy. However, if every parent gives birth to only one child, china might face an aging popularity in the long run. They will not have enough capable and young successors. Enough with the chim stuffs 😁 I think that another disadvantage would be the ill fate of baby girls. Due to the one child policy and the 重男轻女mindset the people in china had, parents would want to give birth to a baby boy and not a baby girl. Previously, mothers can give birth again and again to get a baby boy but now, they have to get a baby boy first because if they get a baby girl, they cannot give birth anymore and the mothers and their daughters will be condemned forever. Pitiful lives they have... I am sooooo thankful that I'm not born in china during the 重男轻女 era...
- Qing 

No comments:

Post a Comment