Sunday, 23 February 2014

Our Chingay presentation afterthoughts^^

Hey guys! we're back again with many more things!!!!
So...... finally we got to present!!!

Phew I guess it was kind of a relief for me(?)

Well let's hear what Jinn said:
"SUPP PPL!! This lesson, we were...half fortunate, half unfortunate enough to be the first to present our presentation about the Chingay. Well, the girls of Bittersweet had agreed on doing a skit, in order to present our ideas and thoughts about the Chingay. Here's the unfortunate point. Sigh...we did not have enough time to practise saying our skit, matching our lines to the slides being presented on the screen. However, other groups that did not present this week, were given an extra week to prepare for their presentation. In contrast, its fortunate that we had went first, for Mr Chua had agreed to be more lenient on the first few groups that presented. I learnt that a lot of teamwork and practise is needed to perfect our skit, and we must work together, knowing when to press the slide or when to change roles. Also, Mr Chua had given the class feedback on details such as the lack of eye contact, the need of a smile, or the necessity of having a loud voice! Through this experience, i have felt for myself the atmosphere and feelings while presenting an actual presentation, and exercised the details that i need to carry out while presenting. "

waseh ((just saying our skit was a w e s o m e))

now we'll have kel!

"Last Monday, our group have finally present in class! Sigh....like finally. I was so nervous for the presentation! But first, I want to tell you all some skills I have learnt. Ready? Firstly, confidence is definitely the key. It makes you more prepared and more aware of your audience. It gives you the courage to talk and establish eye contact. You must be thinking, really? Well, I guess so. But of course you must also have inotation in your voice, humor and some harmless joke. To let you into a little tiny secret, always plan well before your presentation such as tell your audience to answer when you asked a specific question.Also, be loud and clear to let your audience know that you are speaking and they should be listening just like a student is listening to his teacher. Lastly, SMILE. I cannot emphasize how important it is to show off your pearly white teeth. It totally make a big difference. When you are nervous or scared, just smile and no one will ever know....I mean how great is that?Ok, I think I have let you all into a little too much in this secret. I shall end and hope this will help you in one way of another. See you next time, my little readers<3 "
 

 
 
"the shortest distance between two people".... deep.
 
we'll have qing now!
 
"Last Monday, our group presented our reflections on chingay. I prepared hard for the presentation and even memorised almost my whole script. However, due to nervousness, I stuttered and kept referring to my script and was literally reading off it even though I knew what to say. I was looking at the script so that I could avoid contact with the audience which caused me to have little eye contact. My comments were: nice smile and little eye contact. I think that I didn't really prepare how I was going to present. I had only memorised the script without practicing in front of a crowd and thus causing me to feel nervous when I speak in front of a crowd. Usually, in front of my friends or teachers in class, I'm able to speak without stuttering but when it comes to something formal, I'm unable to speak naturally and have an awkward smile on my face (my friend told me) so I think that I need to practice more in front of a crowd. Practicing speaking alone is not enough. After this experience, I learnt that I also need to practice the way to present. All in all, I think that I didn't do as well as I've excepted for the presentation but I've gain a new experience and would work harder for my next presentation ! Be prepared! Confident! Eye contact! I'll definitely remember these tips for my next presentation :)"
 
once again we have qing and she practically said everything that I could.... cries
 
well but we'll still have me!
 
"Last Monday, we finally presented. Like finally. Just like qing, I memorised my script (it comes naturally to me) but I still wrote out cue cards in case my memory fails me, which is like 90% of the time. I could have smiled more but don't you think smiling and talking is slightly, SLIGHTLY awkward????? As in for me, its either smile or talk. Choose one. Okay I didn't mean to sound that serious but i'll try to smile while talking the nest time! My confidence level was moderate I guess, so I think I spoke fine, although I tripped over a few words ((oops)). To me, this didn't seem like a formal presentation, because I wasn't really nervous??? Maybe it's because I was more comfortable with Mr. Chua than the other teachers(?) please also don't take it the wrong way because no no no. Anyways my voice projection was good, I lacked smiles (sad) and i'll work on it!!!! ((WOULDN'T U LIKE TO SEE ME SMILE))
 
YEAH THATS ABOUT IT!!!!
 
I guess I'm just a little high after presentations, you know.
 
well we've gotta go, so see you next week!!!
have fun my flowers,
 
B
Y
E
 
xoxo
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment