Tuesday, 11 February 2014

4th SHARING TIME!!! (Lesson 5 reflection)

HEY GUYS!

yesyes, today's the day where we.......

sold off jinn!!!!!

Kelly said,
"For this lesson, we continue from where we end off last lesson. We were called group by group to go to the front of the class to prevent the item that we are selling. Every group went up and after they have present, mr Chua will call us to give feed backs to them so as to allow them to improve so that they can do it better in the real presentation. After that, mr Chua will them give his opinion on the group so as to speak louder etc. When our group present, we were all laughing but mr Chua told us that while presenting, we should be more focus. For this lesson, I have learn some important key elements. Such as we should maintain eye contact with the audience so as to keep them entertained. We should also be confident and not hiding ourselves behind our group mates. I also hope that we will do great in our actual presentation and not mess up anything."

Qing said,
"This lesson, the remaining groups were to present the item or person they wanted to sell. And we would comment on each other's presentation to learn from one another. I feel that this lesson should be taken seriously as it is the last practice before our actual presentation on chingay. However, the class was laughing and it was very informal so I don't really know what to expect from the presentation next week. My feedback was that I was loud and convincing and I hope that next week, I'll be able to speak well with such confidence and not be too nervous so that I won't stutter. I often stutter when it comes to the more formal or actual presentation so even though this lesson's presentation was rather good, I should not be overly satisfied with myself after all this week is only a practice what matters is the presentation on chingay next week."

jinn said,
"This lesson, we presented and auctioned MOI 'me'. We were one of the last few group to present and before us, we observed the good points and bad points of the presentation of the other groups and strived to improve ours'. Some good points we noticed were speaking loud and clear, being humourous and having eye contact with the audience. Some bad points were laughing at your own jokes, facing your back to the audience, and speaking softly or mumbling to yourself. I think that this informal presentation gave us a good chance to practise for next week's formal presentation, so that we know very clearly why we are not to do certain mistakes. If i were to give an example, we are not to laugh at our own jokes as when we laugh, our speech would mumbled and the audience would not be able to hear what we are saying. Furthermore, if the audience does not understand your joke and yet you yourself are laughing at it, the atmosphere would be very awkward. Thus, even though we did not do any worksheets or have Mr Chua talking for the whole lesson, i feel that the lesson was equally important and would aid us in our presentation next week."

Juen said,
"Ahhh and finally today, we get to sell off dear Jinhui! [She was a good person :,)] i eyed someone creepily, knowing the 'relationship' between our flower and *cough cough*. So we waited and waited, waiting for the time, the time, to present! (aka become real sales(wo)men) we decided to start by stating how her eyes are pretty (in which she batted her eyelashes). Then came the rather messy-yet-funny part; her being seductive and all while Qing and I were laughing and prompting her to 'be seductive'. Obviously our shy flower refused to and glared at us. Finally we ended up abruptly, listening to Mr Chua's comments. He did say I was too informal when presenting (well sure I am I'd try not too the ) and I shouldn't laugh too much. He re-emphasized the point of not laughing at you own jokes (it slurssssyourwords and makes the atmosphere realllly awkward). This small practice presentation serves as a practice for the *dumdumdummm* real presentation next week! Next week's presentation will be a surprise, so stay tuned and it'll be fun!"

xinn said,
"MR CHUA SIAD my voice was okay for the presentation, maybe because of my cca i can do voice projection better (: but really, i think i'm not very confident in presentation, and my performance will depend on what i am presenting. sometimes when i have different targeted audience i tend to get nervous easily, and my hands and legs will shake. when it comes to something i really value ((in presenting)) or i really feel the speech i'm saying, i will worry if i'll be able to convey the point well. not saying that if i don't get nervouse i don't like what i'm saying or i don't value it, it's just different..... ((I DONT KNOW HOW TO EXPLAIN)) maybe i'll do well next week..... PRAYS EVERYWHERE"

xoxo flowers ♡ 

No comments:

Post a Comment