hi guys! we're back again! ♡
how are you guys? since it's just the new year, we are gonna share about our holidays!!!!
you'll be able to see our pictures, and journals~ enjoy!
let's start with our first flower, jinn ♡
"During the holidays, i did various activities such as watching dramas, going overseas, studying and simply hanging out with friends. I watched the korean drama 'the heirs', and was able to learn about how a school could function in various ways. The drama was in a scene of a school that was attended by the rich, and the poor were bullied relentlessly. Furthermore, anyone that helped the poor was counted as 'lowly', causing no on to want to help the bullied. I am thankful that River Valley High School does not work that way, as bullying someone is a very mean action and being bullied is never a good feeling. I also went to Zhu Hai and Macau during the holidays, and learnt about the culture there. In Zhu Hai, we went to a restaurant for dinner, and how the place worked left a deep impression on me. It was a restaurant for seafood, but seemed more like a market place. We were supposed to buy the seafood from the store owners, which was a difficult choice since almost the whole street was filled with stores that basically sold the same food. The store owners were also busy shouting out loud, persuading us to buy seafood from their store instead of from the others. We were then to choose which restaurant we wanted to help us cook the seafood we bought from the store owners, before we were able to settle down and enjoy our meal. It was an eye-opener for me and i was amazed at the difference in culture between Zhu Hai and Singapore as i have never seen such a place in Singapore where business ran in this way. I also met up with friends from both my primary school and secondary sch, and enjoyed a bonding session with them. My primary school friends and i met up at the playground (even though we may be a bit too old), and enjoyed games that we used to play when we were younger, while my sec sch friends came over to my house to enjoy some movies tgt.
A picture of my brother and me at the restaurant area in zhuhai for dinner^^
And this is a picture of my family, my cute cousin and me at a tourism area in Macau (without my sister since she did not go on the trip)
And this is a picture of my brother 'eating' a hotel in macau with the help of my photography skills~~^^"
looks like she had fun during her trip to macau and zhuhai! i'm envious ☹
well, let's move on to our second flower, juen ♡
"Over the holidays, I planned to read more books and write more compositions, but I stuck to reading the same old Chinese books. I bought the year two books early in the holidays, and had hungrily went over them twice, thrice... I got excited on all the new stuff I was going to learn.
I did spend a lot of time with my family, with my grandmother having a broken back, I took time off my own holiday schedule to take care of her. I even learnt how to cook and sew, although it wasn't easy to learn at first. Pricked fingers, scalded hands, but it was so worth it when I shakily held my first bowl of porridge to my grandmother. I love her so much. That day's dinner was also cooked by me, although not as fantastic as what my parents would have cooked up, it was satisfying for me to be able to cook for my family.
Here's a pic of me and my brother!
I went back to school for facilitator training, and it was the most enjoyable and memorable time I spent. The blood, sweat and tears were exchanged with better skills of awareness of situation, how to interact better, and leadership skills. I felt like a brand new person after the few trainings I went. Of course, I was excited to lead the year ones, our future generation (kids) to have the best and most awesome orientation camp ever.
"Over the holidays, I did not do alot of studying but mostly spending my time with my family members. During the days where I have to go to school everyday, I did not have alot of time to spend with my family members so I decided to use my holidays to build up a even stronger relationship with them.<3 We did many things together such as shopping with my mother almost every weekend. As for the weekdays, I will spend times with my grandmother such as looking through cook books or talking to her and her telling me about her childhood stories. I even went to Bangkok with my mother.^^ We shopped all day and tried many new stuffs. I find that I did not waste my holidays like usual such as lying in bed and watching drama shows. I really enjoyed the holidays and really hope that during the following holidays, I will not be very busy and can also spend more time with them again."
wow, looks like kel has spent her own holiday differently ☻
next up, our fourth flower, qing ♡
"Over the holidays, I would stay at home to do holiday homeworks or hang out with my friends. Sometimes I'd watch dramas and play games too. I've also went to Hong Kong in late December. When I'm in Macau, the tour guide told us that Macau has 38 casinos and their earnings from the casinos is 7 times more than Las Vegas. It made me wonder about the addicts who would gamble away all their money. Is it really beneficial for the country to build casinos? Their people are getting addicted to gambling and not living a down-to-earth-life. Their profit from the casino is a lot but their people who are addicted are suffering. I also spent quality time with my friends and for the first time, went ice skating with them. Since it was my first time , I was bad at it but my friends helped me through and we really had lots of fun. It also made me wonder about the professional skaters. They skate on the ring like its so easy but they must've put in a lot of effort to have such skills.
This is a photo of me on the Macau tower. It's also the world's highest bungee jumping. I was pretty scared as the floor was transparent, allowing me to look through from the height of 57-58 story.
This is a photo of me and friends ice skating. I was quite satisfied as I learnt how to skate slowly thanks to my friends :)"
although i liked my ice skating trip with her, but that photo of me is just unglam!!!!
okay well, next we have our fifth flower...... xinn ♡ aka me
"Over the holidays, i didn't spend alot of time revising and studying, and like kel, i spent my time with my family and friends. The holidays gave me the time to catch up with my primary school friends and i got to know about the different updates about them and it was refreshing to see the changes in their appearances. i went on small outings with my family, and i made a few trips back to malaysia to visit my grandparents. my parents planned a small outing for us to taiwan during december, and as taiwan is a place where i have never been to before, i took in the beautiful scenery and good food, while i was there, i fell in love with the taiwanese who were known for their warm hearts. my december was filled with events, firstly my trip to taiwan, then came facilitators training. the training had not just taught me how to handle year ones and about their orientation, but also helped me grow up, as i came to know the importance of having a sense of urgency, and also having the ability to haddle different dituations and juggling different matters at hand. compared to october and november, which i led pass at a slow pace, my decemeber was enriching and fufiling for me. i'm not who u was before, i've grown, both ohyscially and mentally, and most of all, i'm happier than before."
and this is me and my sister at changi before going off to taiwan!!!! ☯
well i guess that has pretty much summed up our holidays. what about yours? ☻
xoxo ♡











No comments:
Post a Comment