results for term three are released today. I got a 3.4 ((not very good in rv standards..))
I wonder how much everyone else got? ((Take yimeng for example. A straight 4.0 GPA genius. Enter the ever popular not-doing-much-but-still-can-get-good-grades cliche. *congrats man*))
I believe everyone has started feeling the stress for end of year examinations; daily conversation topics revolve mainly around exams, results and revision. ((teachers day too π)) Every single piece of graded assignment that we receive, we no longer dare to fool around with them. Of course, the more hopes we put in, the more likely we may be disappointed, as those who really cannot grasp the concepts struggle with the constant fear of losing out. Subject combination is no longer something of the future, in fact, it is looming just in front of us. The fact that our choice now could affect our entire future, has indeed affect us; those who are hesitant to choose and those who have yet to confirm what they wish to take.
Sleep has also became a rare luxury ((no kidding)) as we find ourselves staying up later and later, and our eyebags getting heavier and heavier. This is especially true for me, as traveling time is also a factor, and I cannot keep my eyelids open in the mrt or bus. No longer have I been able to relax with some games and music, because there are piles of homework after homework, revision after revision.
of course, I am aware that every batch had to go through all of these. RV is constantly advancing, evolving, so the standards for us unknowingly became steeper as well.Fierce competition amongst the schools and countries have forced us to be on our toes and keep in moving forward; we don't really have much of a choice. Many things can be learnt from stress: how to manage it, how to arrange one's time properly etc. I do admire those that can effortlessly pull that off, and the rest of us normal people will just have to cope with these.
hopefully the end of year examinations will be merciful for me.
-juen
No comments:
Post a Comment